Monday 23 December 2013

Home cooking this week.


Dragon bowls! A summer standard on the weekly rotation. Base of quinoa, mixed lettuce leaves and baby spinach, fresh grated beetroot and carrot, chilli and soy fried tofu cubes, crunchy combo and alfalfa sprouts topped with an orange, ginger and miso dressing! This recipe is an old housemates and I thank her every day :)


My house mate Tess is an ice cream master. This was dark chocolate and fresh banana made on almond milk with agave. Basically a frozen smoothie of delicious. Next she made bounty! Dark chocolate with toasted coconut and it did not last long.

My life changed a few weeks ago when I saw the most GENIUS thing ever on Instagram. I love the flavour of hard tacos but am normally outvoted because they're hard to eat. We end up doing burritos instead. THEN, genius. A guy glued a hard taco shell inside a soft taco shell with refried beans! So you have the flavour of hard taco inside a tidy soft taco and oh my god. I made a TPV spiced taco filling (first time cooking with TVP, will stick to black beans next time...) Served with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, fresh made guac, jalapenos and tomatillo sauce (Mission brand from grocery store). You guys, do this.





Summer nights after work = quick felafel bowls. Mixed lettuce, diced tomatoes, Spanish onion, kalamata olives, cucumber, crunchy combo and alfalfa sprouts topped with fried Yumi's sesame felafel balls, hummus, fresh squeezed lemon and chilli flakes.


Made an old favourite - black pepper tofu! Served with brown rice and sesame fried greens. I was on the phone to my mum while cooking this which resulted in me forgetting the black pepper! I realised just after this picture was taken and ground up copious amounts onto the dish. So tasty, so moreish.

No comments:

Post a Comment