Monday 23 December 2013

Bangkok Rain.




I saw Bankgkok Rain pop up on Instagram and was immediately planning a visit. The caption under the photo said "best Thai since Thailand and a special vegan menu". A week later I was there. How had I not heard of this earlier? Anyway it was time to get down to business.

I got the Crispy Tofu - tempura style tofu, carrots, beans and snow peas in a sweet, sour and spicy sauce with kaffir lime leaves, spring onions and coriander - $13.90. This was SO DELICIOUS. I would never normally get sweet and sour but the deep fried aspect won me over (seeing as we didn't have entrees!) This meal was 10/10. Nia got the Crispy Tofu Salad - tofu with roasted cashew nuts, apple, lemongrass, galanga, ginger, onions,garlic, chili, kaffir lime leaves, lemon juice, coriander, and mint - $14.90. This dish was also delicious and we were very excited about our new favourite Thai place. We got the most expensive meals which is great, because they weren't expensive and were totally worth every cent. We weren't really hungry for dessert but couldn't help ourselves. Got the black bean and coconut sago (I think it was about $6?) Sadly this wasn't really what we were expecting. It was very milky, like a soup and served hot. I had more of a chilled pudding idea in my head so we wouldn't get this one again. The flavour was nice but the heat and consistency wasn't for us. We will visit again soon and no doubt order the same mains, win.

No comments:

Post a Comment