Tuesday 21 January 2014

The Green Edge.

I went home to Brisbane for Christmas and naturally made a trip out to The Green Edge. I hadn't visited since they relocated to a new site in Windsor. Wow, it's awesome. Being so much bigger means more isles of food and a much larger dining section.


We ordered the big breakfast, $22 (recommend to share between two) - The Other Scramble (tofu scramble with kale, tomato, and capsicum); garlic-sautéed mushrooms; smoky strips; breakfast potatoes; toasted Turkish bread with guacamole; seitan sausage patties; served with a homemade tomato relish! 

OH MY GOD I am saying it... this was the BEST vegan breakfast I've ever had. Hands down. I spent most of the meal staring at my plate and shaking my head in disbelief. The scramble managed to not taste like tofu and actually tasted eggy. It was creamy and savory and rich and delicious. The mushies were perfect, the smokey strips were crazy good, the seitan sausage was YUM. The serve was huge enough to easily share. Only fault was that there was only one buried piece of toast when two pieces on the side would have been a little better for sharing. I will never visit home again without stopping by and devouring a serve of this. Green Edge, thank you!

 

Half the serve, a full and delicious meal.



1 comment:

  1. What the hell were those smoky strips made of they were amazingggg

    ReplyDelete