Sunday 3 June 2012

Laksa.




Even though I've been dining out a looooooot since I moved to Melbourne, I have still been cooking (this is proof right!)
It's REALLY hard to find a vegan laksa paste by the way, most have shrimp in them.
This Osha brand is the only one I've ever found/used and it's delicious (luckily).
Here is the recipe but I kind of make it by feel so nothing is exact...

Ingredients; (See pic)

• Noodles, prepared as per packet instructions and set aside (I like chow mein)
• Laksa paste
• Tofu puffs (available in Asian grocers)
• 400ml coconut milk
• Fried onion/shallots (available in Asian grocers)
• Handful of snow peas
• 2 shallot stalks, sliced
• 2 cups button mushrooms, quartered
• A few handfuls of Asian greens (I used baby bok choy)
• 1 long red chilli
• 1 lime
• A handful of bean sprouts
• Bunch of coriander, chopped
• Handful of nuts (I used cashews)

Method;

1.) Cook the jar of paste with a tin of coconut milk and about 1L of water for a few minutes (back of laksa paste jar will be more specific with liquid quantities).
2.) Prepare noodles then set them aside.
3.) Add mushrooms and tofu puffs to the soup and simmer for about 10 mins.
4.) Add snow peas to the soup and some coriander stalks. Cook for another 5 mins to soften the peas then turn off heat.

Now for the assembling;

1.) Add noodles to bowl
2.) Add raw Asian greens, the hot soup will cook these
3.) Add soup
4.) Top with lime juice, bean sprouts, fresh sliced shallots, fresh sliced chilli, coriander, fried onions and nuts
5.) FACEPLANT



No comments:

Post a Comment