Yes the title gets capitals, that is because THESE ARE THE TASTIEST THINGS YOU CAN PUT IN YOUR FACEHOLE!
Seriously, these are crack dumplings and I've been known to trade them for goods and services :)
About 18 months ago when friends and I got home from a Melbourne trip, we were bummed about not being able to access dumplings easily in Brisbane.
We decided to make some and I took a few different recipes I found online and combined the best parts to make this recipe.
Surprisingly, it worked.
Not only worked but was like, wow.
SO this is another dish that is for weekends only as it takes me 45mins to finely chop all the filling ingredients and another hour or so to fold 60 dumplings and steam.
• Approx 60 dumpling wrappers (Gow Gee)
• 3 cups shitake mushrooms, chopped finely (I use button mushrooms when I'm not as cashed up, shitake are expensive but taste better)
• 1 cup pak choy or Chinese broccoli leaves, finely shredded
• 1 cup firm tofu, finely chopped
• Thumb size piece of ginger, finely grated
• 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 2 shallot stalks, finely sliced
• 1 cup coriander, finely chopped
• 1/4 tsp white pepper
• 3 tbs soy sauce
• 2 tbs sesame oil
• 1 tsp chilli sauce/sambal oelek/chilli powder
• 1/2 tsp veggie stock powder
• Mix in a large bowl
• Spoon into wrappers, fold (Youtube dumpling folding videos! It takes practice)
• Dipping sauce - most part soy sauce, dash of white wine vinegar, few drops of sesame oil
• Chilli sauce/sambal oelek
• Wok tossed Chinese greens with garlic
• Steamed rice