Thursday 4 July 2013

Lentils with tamarind sauce.



You know, although I've been going a bit dining out crazy lately, I've still been cooking a bit. Came across this lentils with tamarind sauce recipe a few weeks ago and immediately added it to my 'to cook' folder. Sunday rolled around and I finally had time to grab tamarind concentrate from an Asian grocer. That's the only exotic ingredient in this dish which is good, cause now I have some I can make another 10 batches of this before needing an Asian grocer again. Oh and 10 batches it will be - this was DELICIOUS! Incredibly simple and cheap but the tamarind takes it to the next level. This is the first time I've cooked with tinned lentils and it was fast. I decided it was totally restaurant quality which the boy quickly agreed with. Cook this, serve with basmati and naan and feel all the happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment