Remember the laksa recipe I posted not too long ago?
This is it's delicious spicy/sour (healthier) brother, tom yum.
It's basically the same recipe with a different paste base.
Take out the coconut milk, fried onion and nuts from the laksa recipe and you have this one.
It's hot, spicy, sour, healthy and delicious - perfect for winter nights.
• Noodles, prepared as per packet instructions and set aside (I like chow mein)
• Tom Yum paste
• Tofu puffs (available in Asian grocers)
• Handful of snow peas
• 2 shallot stalks, sliced
• 2 cups button mushrooms, quartered
• A few handfuls of Asian greens (I used baby Chinese broccoli)
• 1 long red chilli
• 1 lime
• A handful of bean sprouts
• Bunch of coriander, chopped
• Handful of nuts (I used cashews)
1.) Cook the jar of paste about 1L of water for a few minutes (back of paste jar will be more specific with liquid quantities).
2.) Prepare noodles then set them aside.
3.) Add mushrooms and tofu puffs to the soup and simmer for about 10 mins.
4.) Add snow peas to the soup and some coriander stalks. Cook for another 5 mins to soften the peas then turn off heat.
Now for the assembling;
1.) Add noodles to bowl
2.) Add raw Asian greens, the hot soup will cook these
3.) Add soup
4.) Top with lime juice, bean sprouts, fresh sliced shallots, fresh sliced chilli, and coriander