Thursday 19 July 2012

Scrambled tofu.


So my Soulfood scrambled tofu addiction was getting a bit out of hand...
My bank account can't keep up with my social life/eating habits some times.
This resulted in me experimenting with re-creating my caramelised love at home.
It changes depending on what's in the fridge but I've pretty much got this down to perfection.
I don't cook with specific measurements so bare with me and give this a go, it's YUM.

Ingredients;

Scrambled tofu
• 1 packet of firm/crumbly organic tofu
• 1 brown onion, sliced
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 cup of mushrooms, diced
• Large handful of baby spinach leaves
• Small handful of fresh parsley, chopped
• Pinch of cumin
• Pinch of tumeric
• Pinch of paprika
• About 3tbs light soy sauce
• About 5tbs kecap manis (dark sweet soy sauce)
• S&P

To serve:
• Thick slices of sourdough toast
• Fresh avocado with lemon
• Cherry tomatoes

Method:

1. Throw the onion in a large non-stick pan with a good slosh of olive oil and brown over a low heat for at least 10-20 minutes until it caramelises (yes it's a long time to cook onion but it's worth it as the sweet caramelised flavour MAKES this dish).
2. Crumble in tofu along with mushrooms and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes until shrooms are softening and garlic is aromatic.
3. Add spices and soy sauces, stir and continue to cook for another 5 minutes or so.
4. Throw in spinach and parsley and cook for 2 minutes, season with S&P.
5. Serve on toast with tasty sides and lot's of lemon juice!

.



No comments:

Post a Comment